Find out how you can contribute to LWVOA's success.
Love to talk on the phone? Have a flair for event planning? You'd be perfect for one of our Membership Activities. Contact Linda DePoorter at email@example.com to find out how you can be involved.
- Mailing - Assist with preparing materials for mailings.
- Phone Calling - Be part of a phone tree to contact members about events, help needed, membership, etc. as needed.
- New Member Contact - Call new members to welcome & assess interests. Keep track of new members. Invite them to activities. Arrange a ride to first meeting. Pair them up with a seasoned member as a mentor. Make sure that they are involved in an area of interest.
- Discussion Units - Plan topics for discussion units. Coordinate meetings.
- Membership Recruitment - Plan how & where we will recruit.
- Meeting & Event Planning
Development & Fundraising Activities
Are you great at raising money or promotions? Contact Karen DeGrendel at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for any of these exciting opportunities.
- Grant Writers
- Public Service Announcement Script Writers
Voter Service Activities
Are you passionate about promoting increased voting and providing election information for voters? Then one of these voter service activities is for you.
To help with Voter Registration drives, contact Carole Elder VoterReg@lwvoa.org
To help with these Voter Service activities, contact Debra Horner at email@example.com.
- Voter Registration - Help register voters at registration drives.
- Voter Guides - Prepare and send candidate questionnaires. Process emailed candidate responses. Type mailed or faxed responses. Prepare online guides. Proof printed guides. Distribute printed guides.
- Candidate Forums - Help plan and coordinate a forum. Be a moderator, timer, question screener, greeter or question collector at a forum.
- They Represent You brochures - Verify local information.
- Student Public Service Announcement Contest - Help co-ordinate this exciting contest. Contact Renate Soulan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Program (Issue) Activities
Do you feel strongly about certain issues? Do you want to learn more about public policy? Contact us at email@example.com if you want to be involved.
- Advocacy - Write your legislators. Send Letters to the Editor. Participate in issue forums. League has many positions on international, governmental, natural resource and social policy issues and advocates on them.
- Legislative Interviews - Meet and interview your State Senator or Representative about their views on issues.